Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Visiting with God

How much time does it take to pray?

I think many people think it is too hard to pray because they simply don't have time to do it. But it really doesn't take a huge chunk of time to stay in conversation with God. Yes, it's important to take time out of your day to read the Bible and pray. But even when you don't carve out that much time from your schedule, you can still find time for prayer.

One way I have found time to pray is while I run. When I run around Middletown (which hasn't been for a while since I really don't like running in cold weather), I always have to run home uphill by Memorial Park (which is better than runnin up and down the big Jefferson St hill). As I get tired from the run, I take that time to thank God for all the strength I have and to ask God to continue to be with me. Sometimes I repeat the very old prayer, "Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me." It helps me keep going and gives a rhythm to my run.

Where have you found times to pray in unusual ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment